Pillet House


WFP Historical Society

Contributed from the 1975 Audubon Pilgrimage Booklet
by the WFP Historical Society

An example of the dog-trot house in which a rear ell appears, this version was built in 1870. In 1905 it had to relinquish its position on the corner so that the new bank might have the more prominent location. Sturdily constructed of rough cut cypress secured by square nails , the house easily withstood the move. Since 1889 it has been owned by members of the Pillet family, whose ancestors fled the Reign of Terror in France and eventually settled here. Mr. and Mrs. John P. Pillet presently own the house and completed an extensive renovation in 1973.


Other "Trails"

Historic Homes & Plantations
Overnight Accommodations
Historic Churches & Cemeteries
SFInn
Antiques & Gift Shops
Outdoor Attractions
Area Maps
Other Interests
History Links Lane
Click on the
Calendar

Calender of Events

 

Copyright ©1998-2006 Feliciana Guide Post. All rights reserved.